Sesame Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 pound vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root, pared and quartered
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (plain or chunky)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tap water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook spaghetti as directed; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons sesame oil (this dish can be served cold or hot). If you want to
serve as a hot dish, do not rinse with cold water; just drain.
- In food processor, finely chop garlic, green onions and ginger.
- Add remaining sesame oil and all ingredients. Process until thoroughly mixed.
- Top each serving of vermicelli or spaghetti with amount of desired sauce.