Spicy Tofu Salad (Thailand)
- 750g tofu, drained
- 1 small red Spanish onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chiles, finely chopped
cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 stem
fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced
- Cut tofu into 1cm cubes.
- Cut onion in half, cut into thin strips.
- Combine tofu, onion, carrot, pepper and dressing in bowl; mix well. Cover;
refrigerate 3 hours.
- Serve salad sprinkled with peanuts.
- Dressing: Combine chiles, juice, sugar, sauce and lemon grass in jar; shake
You can make this 3 hours ahead of time and store, covered, in refrigerator.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.