Stir Fried Sweet and Sour Vegetables (Thailand)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small fresh red chiles
- 500g (1 pound) fresh asparagus
- 2 long green cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 100g (3 ounce) snow peas
- 250g (1/2
pound) broccoli florets
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Cut garlic and chiles into long, thin strips.
- Cut asparagus into 5cm lengths.
- Cut cucumbers in half, lengthways, remove seeds then slice the cucumbers
- Heat oil in wok, add garlic and chiles, stir fry until lightly browned;
remove from wok; leave oil in wok.
- Reheat wok, add vegetables, stir fry until vegetables are just tender.
- Add combined sauce, vinegar and sugar, stir fry 1 minute.
- Serve vegetables sprinkled with garlic and chiles.
Best made close to serving; Freeze: not suitable; microwave: suitable
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.