Thai Asparagus with Chinese
Mushrooms and Oyster Sauce
- 500g (1 pound) asparagus
- 50g (1 cup) dried straw mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) oyster sauce
- 2 chile peppers
- 50ml (3 tablespoons) oil
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Carefully squeeze out water and remove stems.
- Trim stems from asparagus. Steam for 1 minute.
- Stir fry garlic in oil for 1 minute, then add mushrooms for an additional minute.
- Add asparagus, oyster sauce and chili peppers.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.