Thai Beef Ribbons
- 1 pound beef flank steak
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
- Soak thirty 6-inch bamboo skewers.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, ginger root, oil, garlic and red pepper.
- Cut steak across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices; place slices in plastic
- Pour marinade over steak, turning to coat. Tie bag securely and marinate 15
- Pour off marinade. Thread each slice onto a bamboo skewer.
- Place ribbons on rack
in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4-inches from heat.
- Broil 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
Makes 15 appetizer servings of 2 ribbons each.
Contains 64 calories per 2 ribbons.