Thai Chicken Salad
- 4 small dried cloud ears or 2 pieces dried black fungus
- 1/2 (3 3/4 ounce) package cellophane noodles
- 2 scallions (with tops), thinly sliced
- 1 small whole chicken breast, cooked, skinned and shredded
- 6 medium shrimp, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced mint leaves
- Romaine or leaf lettuce leaves
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- Cover cloud ears with hot water. Let stand for 20 minutes; drain. Cut into thin slices.
- Cover cellophane noodles with cold water. Let stand 10 minutes; drain.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until tender, about 10 minutes; drain.
- Cut noodles to shorten strands; cool.
- Mix scallions, chicken, shrimp, spinach, peanuts and mint.
- Line a small platter with romaine leaves; arrange cellophane noodles on top.
- Spoon chicken mixture over noodles.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and cloud ears.
- Serve with Dressing.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings.