Thai Custard-Filled Pumpkin
- 1 small pumpkin
- 5 duck eggs plus 1 chicken egg to make 1 cup
- 1 cup palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Do not beat eggs. Use fork to mix eggs and sugar.
- Add coconut milk. Strain mixture.
- Cut off lid of pumpkin. Remove seeds.
- Put boiling water in steamer.
- Place pumpkin in steamer for 3 to 5 minutes to heat. Pour mixture into pumpkin.
Steam for about 30 minutes.
- To serve warm or cold, cut into wedges like a pie, serving both the custard and
the pumpkin meat.
This may also be made using a young coconut instead of a pumpkin.