Thai Iced Tea
- 6 cups water
- 8 Thai tea bags (found in most Asian food stores) or any other good quality orange pekoe tea
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 12 mint leaves for garnishing
- 1 cup evaporated milk or Half-and-Half
- Crushed ice
- Bring the water to a boil, put the tea and ground cardamom in a teapot and pour
the water over the tea. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes, then discard the tea bags
and let the tea cool to lukewarm.
- Fill four 12 ounce highball glasses half-way to the rim with crushed ice and
then fill two-thirds full with tea. Into each glass, add 1 tablespoon of sugar,
1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup evaporated milk or half and half. Mix well.
- Garnish the top of each glass with 3 mint leaves and serve.