Thai Pork with Cellophane Noodles
- 3/4 cup cellophane noodles
- 5 tablespoons stock
- 2 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 thin slice ginger root
- 3/4 pound lean pork, sliced paper thin
- 1 cup shredded spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup slivered sweet red pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, cover the noodles with hot water and let them soak for
- Drain. Cut into 1-inch pieces with scissors.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the stock with the beans, mirin and cornstarch.
- In a wok or large nonstick frying pan, cook the garlic and ginger in the remaining
stock for 1 minute over medium-high heat.
- Discard the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry
the pork and noodles for 3 minutes or until pork is cooked through.
- Add the spinach, water chestnuts, peppers and bean mixture.
- Toss to heat through.
- Serve immediately.