Thai Shrimp Salad
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound fresh or frozen shrimp in shell
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped, seeded red chile pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In saucepan bring water to boil. Add shrimp and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or
until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain. Shell and devein.
- In bowl combine green onion, lemon grass, chile pepper, garlic, lemon juice and
- Add oil. Mix well.
- Add shrimp. Toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill.
- Toss again before serving.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plate.
Makes 3 or 4 servings.