Thai Soup with Coconut Milk
Diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos, coconut milk, ginger and fresh lime take
a quick route to Thai inspired flavors in this bold, satisfying chicken soup. Top
with lightly torn cilantro leaves for a garnish and authentic taste.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,
- 3 1/2 cups College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte® Petite Cut Diced
- Tomatoes with Zesty
Jalapeños , drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Del Monte® Sliced Carrots, drained
tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, (about 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes,
stirring frequently, until no longer pink inside.
- Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, ginger, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil
over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk; DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve soup topped with cilantro leaves and extra lime, if desired.
Serves 6 | Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 10 min.
Variation: To make Thai Shrimp or Pork Soup, prepare recipe as directed,
except substitute 12 oz. medium shrimp or 2 cups chopped pork (1/2-inch pieces)
instead of chicken in Step 1.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Del Monte Foods, Inc.