Thai Soup with Coconut Milk
Diced tomatoes with zesty jalapenos, coconut milk, ginger and fresh lime take a quick route to Thai inspired flavors in this bold, satisfying chicken soup. Top with lightly torn cilantro leaves for a garnish and authentic taste.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 cups College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Petite Cut Diced Tomatoes with Zesty Jalapeños , drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Del Monte® Sliced Carrots, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup torn cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink inside.
- Add broth, tomatoes, carrots, ginger, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk; DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve soup topped with cilantro leaves and extra lime, if desired.
Servings: 6 | Prep: 5 min | Cook: 10 min
Thai Shrimp or Pork Soup
Prepare recipe as directed, except substitute 12 ounces medium shrimp or 2 cups chopped pork (1/2 inch pieces)
instead of chicken in Step 2.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: