Thai, Vietnamese and Cambodian Recipes, page 2
page 1 | 2 | 3 |
4 | 5 | 6
Thai Ingredient Substitutes
- Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls
— This is a sauce served in many Korean restaurants with scallion pancakes. But it works equally well for any kind of egg or spring roll, and best of all if you serve the spring rolls on top of some baby lettuce.
- Florida Orange Pho Vietnamese Beef Broth and Noodle Soup
- Fresh Pineapple Compote
- Fried Rice with Basil (Khao Pad Krapow)
- Gaeng Khio Won Kai (Green Chicken Curry - Thai)
- Gaeng Massaman Kai This recipe is for Gaeng Massaman Kai. The quot;massaman" indicates that the recipe is of a "musselman" or islamic origin, and it probably owes
something to early Portuguese influences, and is similar in concept to the "sour and hot" Goan style vindaloo dishes.
- Gaeng Phed Kai (Red Chicken Curry - Thai) The Thai name of this dish literally means "hot chicken curry." There is a very similar recipe for a green curry (Gaeng Khiao Wan Kai).
- Gai Pad Khing (Ginger Chicken - Thai)
- Gai Yang (Thai Broiled or Grilled Marinated Chicken A street and market food served everywhere in Thailand, this chicken is traditionally associated with the Northeast. At the train stations or bus stop, you can get a few skewers and a little bag of sticky rice for a delicious snack or light lunch.
- Ginger Thai Stir-Fry
- Grape Leaf Beef (Bo Cuon La Nho)
- Green Curry Beef
- Green Papaya Salad
- Green Thai Curry
- Grilled Eggplant with Soy Sauce
- Grilled Five-Spice Chicken
- Grilled Prawns
- Hot and Sour Seafood Soup
- Kaeng Som Kai Wan (Sweet and Sour Chicken Soup - Thai) This is a variant of kaeng som, which is a popular fish soup that is quite common in Thailand. Keang som is quite sour, and this dish has been given a degree of sweetness in keeping with making it from chicken.
- Kai Sai Takrai (Chicken and Lemon Grass - Thai)
- Kai Tom Kah (Mushroom Soup with Lemon Grass - Thai)
- Khao Mu Daeng (Red Pork with Rice - Thai) Mu daeng is a complement to khao man kai. Indeed in Thailand vendors that sell one very often sell the other, but nothing else. Like khao man kai a good lunch
time meal can be had for half a dollar or so. An interesting style for two people is to buy a portion of khao man kai and a portion of khao mu daeng, and to share the meals.
- Khao Pad Sapparot (Stir Fried Rice and Pineapple - Thai) This is an unusual recipe for Thai food because it is essentially a vegetarian dish - they are not common in Thailand, where even nominally vegetarian dishes often have quite a large amount of meat. This one has a little dried shrimp, and the true vegetarian could easily leave that out.
- Kim Chi
- Kraphong Khao Priao Wan (Sweet and Sour Fish - Thai)
page 1 | 2 | 3 |
4 | 5 | 6