Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps
Tender Boston lettuce leaves hold a savory Asian filling.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup Asian peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads) or iceberg or romaine lettuce
- Fresh mint leaves
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef; cook
8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off
- Stir in hoisin sauce and peanut sauce; heat through.
- Just before serving, add cucumber, carrots and torn mint; toss gently.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve beef mixture in lettuce leaves.
- Garnish with mint.
Nutrition information per serving: 360 calories; 13 g fat; 97 mg cholesterol;
721 mg sodium; 26 g carbohydrate; 35 g protein; 8.4 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6;
4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.8 mg iron; 8.5
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Texas Beef Council