Cherry and Pork Wrap
- 3 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Anaheim pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce lean boneless pork loin or skinned chicken breasts, cut into 2 x 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- Chop 2 cups cherries in food processor.
- Combine cherries, basil, pepper, 1 teaspoon ginger and salt.
- Sauté pork or chicken and remaining 1 cup pitted cherries; fold into cooked rice.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in heavy foil; heat 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Portion 1/4 cup each brown-rice mixture, pork, lettuce and chopped cherry mixture
on one half of each tortilla.
- Fold in sides and roll into a bundle.
Source: Northwest Cherry Growers