County Fair Corn Dogs
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 pound hot dogs (I use Sabrett's or Boar's Head)
- Flour for dredging the hot dogs
- Oil for frying
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add egg, oil, milk and mustard. Mixing well.
- Insert wooden skewers (or new Popsicle sticks) lengthwise into hot dogs. Coat
with flour, then dip into batter, coating well.
- Fry in deep hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown. Drain on paper towels
to absorb any oil. Keep in a warm oven until you use up all of the hot dogs.
- Serve with mustard and enjoy!
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com.