Crab and Avocado Salad in a Pita
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat
- 1 small avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 4 white or whole wheat pita pocket breads
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a blender, puree the mayonnaise, roasted pepper, 1 tablespoon of the lemon
juice, and the cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the crabmeat, avocado, onion, remaining lemon
juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the top third off pita breads. Divide crabmeat mixture among pitas, drizzle
with red pepper mayonnaise, and tuck some alfalfa sprouts into each sandwich.
- Tightly wrap in wax paper and keep chilled up to 1 hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine on 2/8/2002 9:51 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Savory Wraps Recipes