Crab and Avocado Salad in a Pita
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat
- 1 small avocado,
peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 4 white or whole wheat pita pocket breads
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- In a blender, puree the mayonnaise, roasted pepper, 1 tablespoon of the lemon
juice, and the cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the crabmeat, avocado, onion, remaining lemon
juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the top third off pita breads. Divide crabmeat mixture among pitas, drizzle
with red pepper mayonnaise, and tuck some alfalfa sprouts into each sandwich.
wrap in wax paper and keep chilled up to 1 hour.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine on 2/8/2002 9:51 am.