Lemon Pepper Chicken Wraps
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
- Handful fresh parsley
- 2 basil leaves
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Pinch of chili powder
- 4 (12-inch) flour spinach tortillas, warmed
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely diced
- 1 Anaheim chile pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely diced
- 1/4 cup jicama, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the lemon, parsley, and basil leaves inside the chicken. Rub the outside
of the chicken with cracked pepper, salt and chili powder.
- Roast the chicken in an uncovered, shallow baking pan for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- When the chicken has been cooked to desired doneness, remove the meat from the bones, and
chill for approximately one hour in the refrigerator in a covered dish.
- Roast the Anaheim chile pepper and then place in an airtight container for 10 minutes.
- Remove everything except the flesh of the pepper and dice finely. Place the diced
pepper in a mixing bowl, add the chilled chicken and all remaining ingredients and mix together gently.
- Spoon the chicken-vegetable mixture onto one side of each warmed tortilla, roll up, and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.