Roasted Garlic Pitas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped, grilled portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped, drained, oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 large white pita breads
- 1/4 cup mashed, fresh roasted garlic or 4 tablespoons garlic spread
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes; set aside.
- Cut a 4-inch opening along edge of each pita. Spread inside of pitas with roasted
- Fill pitas evenly with mozzarella mixture; press gently to form an even
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- Grill in skillet over medium-low
heat until bread is golden and filling is hot, about 4 minutes on each side.