- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (fresh or canned, drained)
- 2 to 3 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce (or lettuce of choice)
- Condiments: sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, black olives, cilantro, chopped green onion, grated cheese, etc.
- Brown ground beef or turkey in a skillet over medium heat. Drain any grease.
Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- If you have a gas stove, keep the flame on and place a flour tortilla directly
on top of the burner. Using tongs, flip the tortilla over and over until it softens
and is warmed through. Repeat with remaining tortillas, stacking them as you finish.
If you have an electric stove, warm the tortillas in a dry skillet (preferably cast iron).
- Pass bowls of seasoned beef, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and salsa, if desired,
along with any or all of the remaining condiments, and let people build their own
- Or, if you'd like to make wraps, savory for serving, spread a little sour cream on
a warmed tortilla. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the ground beef mixture. Add
a heaping tablespoon of tomatoes and 2 or 3 spoonsful of lettuce (hard to measure,
I know, but it's a ballpark amount). Season as desired with salsa and hot sauce and the other condiments as desired.
- Fold one side over the filling to cover it, fold the ends toward the middle to
enclose the filling and roll the wrap tightly.
Serves 4 to 8.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.