Thai Chicken Wraps
- 6 (8- to 10-inch) plain, red, and/or green flour tortillas
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast strips for stir-frying
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds to soften. (Or,
wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes.)
- In a small bowl combine garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken; toss to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet cook and stir seasoned chicken in hot oil over medium-high
heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
Add broccoli, onion, and ginger to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- To assemble, spread each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon Peanut Sauce. Top with
chicken strips and vegetable mixture. Roll up each tortilla, securing with a wooden
pick. Serve immediately with remaining sauce.
- Peanut Sauce: In a small saucepan combine all ingredients, and heat until sugar
is dissolved, stirring frequently.
Yield: 6 servings; 2 cups Peanut Sauce
Nutrition facts per serving: 330 calories, 16 g total fat, 3 g saturated
fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 911 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein,
3% vitamin A, 39% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 11% iron
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Online
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.