Trail Mix Breakfast Wraps
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup banana chips
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup Shredded Wheat cereal, broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 (10- or 11-inch) flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the almonds on a baking sheet. Bake until they become aromatic and appear
shiny from the oils being released, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let
- Combine the almonds, yogurt, apricots, banana chips and honey. Mix well. Fold
in the Shredded Wheat.
- Warm the tortillas in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 15
seconds on each side. Tortillas also can be microwaved on HIGH for 10 or 15 seconds,
or wrapped in aluminum foil and heated in the oven at 350 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the apricot preserves among the tortillas and spread evenly over each
tortilla, leaving at least a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Divide the cereal mixture and spread in a 2 x 5-inch rectangle on the bottom
half of each tortilla.
- Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center.
Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the
tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Wraps: Easy Recipes for Handheld Meals, by Mary Corpening Barber,
Sara Corpening and Lori Lyn Narlock