Blooming Onion in the Air Fryer
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Yield: 1 onion
- 1 large onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine egg and milk in one bowl.
- In second bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Place the cut side of the onion up in a third bowl. Sprinkle flour mixture over onion until completely coated. Turn onion over carefully to shake excess flour off.
- Pour egg mixture over and let sit for a minute. Again, turn onion over to remove excess egg mixture.
- Pour the flour mixture on onion again. Turn over to remove excess flour.
- Put into air fryer basket and spray generously.
- Cook at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Keep spraying as you keep checking the onion.