Nacho Cheese Meatballs
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (96% lean)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped mild green chiles, drained
- 16 cubes pepper jack or Colby jack cheese (1/2-inch squares)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups nacho cheese-flavored tortilla chips, crushed
- 6 tablespoons prepared thick taco sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Combine ground beef, taco seasoning and green chiles in a large bowl, mixing lightly, but thoroughly. Divide beef mixture into 16 portions; shape each portion around a cheese cube, completely covering cheese.
- Beat egg white with water in a shallow dish until blended.
- Place chips in a second shallow dish. Dip each meatball into egg white mixture, then into chips to coat completely.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place meatballs onto air fryer tray, making sure there is space between each meatball. Cook for 14 minutes, stopping halfway through to flip until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Meanwhile, make the Tejano Sauce
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Serve meatballs with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: 516 Calories; 243 Calories from fat; 27g Total Fat (11 g Saturated Fat; 8 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 96 mg Cholesterol; 872 mg Sodium; 37 g Total Carbohydrate; 2.4 g Dietary Fiber; 3 g Protein; 3.2 mg Iron; 4.4 mg NE Niacin; 0.3 mg Vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg Vitamin B12; 5.3 mg Zinc; 19.1 mcg Selenium
This recipe is an excellent source of Niacin, Vitamin B12, Zinc, and Selenium; and a good source of Iron and Vitamin B6.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Texas Beef Team
Recipe courtesy of: Kansas Beef Council, kansasbeef.org