South of the Border Bowl
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 ounces) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins, divided
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- Corn chips, as needed
- 2 cups cooked or canned kidney beans
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bottled spicy tomato dressing
- Cook beef with seasoning mix according to package directions.
- Stir in 1/2 cup raisins; set aside to cool.
- Line serving bowls with lettuce leaves and corn chips.
- Tear remaining lettuce into bite-size pieces and divide about 1/3 among bowls. Divide and spoon meat mixture on top. Layer another third of lettuce on top of meat. Divide beans and spoon on top. Layer remaining lettuce on top of beans, and then divide and layer with tomato, cheese and remaining raisins.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Serves: 8 | Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 20%); Total Fat 7 (Saturated Fat 2.5; Trans Fat 0); Cholesterol 25; Sodium 540; Potassium 632; Total Carbohydrate 40; Dietary Fiber 7; Sugars 24; Protein 21; Calcium 148; Iron 4
Recipe and photo used with permission from: