You can make your own Taco Seasoning for a lot less than the store-bought packets.
- 1/4 cup dried, minced onion
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dried, minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until evenly distributed.
- Store in an airtight container, in a cool dry place, for up to 1 year.
Makes enough to equal aout 10 packets.
TO MAKE TACO FILLING
Brown 1 pound ground beef in a skillet over medium-high
heat. Drain excess grease. Add 1/2 cup water and 2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning mix. Reduce
heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Makes filling for 8 to 10 tacos.