Orange Cream Cheese Loaves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loaf pans.
- Cream together well the cream cheese and shortening.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with
milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in walnuts and orange peel.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle orange juice over loaves. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 2 loaves | Prep Time: 15 Min | Cook Time: 55 Min
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes