Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and bananas and beat until well blended.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add alternately with sour
cream to banana mixture, stirring just to blend.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let stand in pan for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine 6/19/01 5:30:16 am.