Sour Cream Blueberry Bread
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed, ripe bananas (about 2 medium size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- On wax paper sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, bananas and sour cream and beat until blended.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients at low speed and continue beating until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden on top and cake tester in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Slice and serve toasted with butter.
- Store in refrigerator.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.