Southern Pecan Loaf
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk to the butter mixture, beating until
smooth and well combined.
- Stir in flavorings and orange rind, mixing well. Fold in the pecans.
- Pour mixture into two greased and lightly floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 5/8-inch
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before removing from pans.
Posted by Pats Cookin' at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.