Spicy Peach Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can (2 cups) sliced peaches or apricot halves, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1/2 cup reserved syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Using solid shortening, generously grease and flour
a 9 x 5-inch or 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In large bowl, blend ingredients at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes
at medium speed.
- Stir nuts into batter.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan; cool completely.
- If desired, drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator.