Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan on very low heat, stirring
constantly. Cool. Blend in 1 1/2 cups of the sugar.
- Add two of the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until
blended. Blend in milk and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract.
- Mix flour and salt. Add to chocolate mixture, mixing just until blended. Spread
evenly onto bottom of greased and floured 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees
F for 25 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add remaining three eggs,
one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Bland
in sour cream; pour over brownie bottom. (Filling will almost come to top of pan.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run
knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim
of pan. Refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Drizzle with assorted ice cream toppings, if desired.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese Make Every Day Special cookbook
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Cheesecake Recipes