- 4 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 pounds dates, chopped
- 1 pound candied cherries, cut up
- 1 pound candied pineapple, cut up
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients and mix well with hands.
- Turn into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 225 degrees F for about 1 1/2 hours. Cake is done when no milk oozes
out when pressed with finger.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries, if desired. Let cool.
- Turn out on foil and wrap snugly.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer for about 1 month before serving.