Color Vision Cake
This recipe appeared in a story for the 50th anniversary of boxed cake mixes.
The Color Vision Cake, developed by the Betty Crocker kitchens, uses the fruit gelatin
powder of your choice to create a vibrant color and flavor. Recipe from General
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package pudding-included white cake mix
- 3 tablespoons dry gelatin powder from small box fruit-flavored gelatin; reserve remaining powder
- Reserved gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk, or more as needed
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (8- or 9-inch) round pans,
or use cooking spray.
- Cake: Prepare cake mix as directed on package, except add the 3 tablespoons of
dry gelatin with the water. (Reserve remaining gelatin for frosting.)
- Divide batter between pans. Bake and cool as directed on package.
- Frosting: Beat reserved gelatin, butter and evaporated milk in medium bowl
on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. If necessary, stir
in additional evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until spreadable.
- Fill layers and frost side and top of cooled cake with frosting.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes