Confoundingly Cunning Cake
The little hint of tarragon is great! Not sure? Try it both ways. Which one did
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (not pudding-in-the-mix, not butter-recipe mix)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups (most of a 12 ounce can) Mountain Dew
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled finely
- Your favorite frosting (chocolate is nice)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the dry cake mix and the instant pudding mix in the large bowl of
an electric mixer.
- Add the Mountain Dew, eggs and oil and beat as directed on the cake mix
- Crumble the tarragon with your fingers (do it over a piece of paper instead
of directly into the bowl, so you can catch and re-crumble any large pieces
that escape). Add the tarragon and beat just to mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted
in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a rack, then remove from pans, fill and frost.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/02 2:06:07 pm.
Source: Al Sicherman - Minneapolis Star Tribune