Decadent Chocolate-Apricot Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy or apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, stirring in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove layers from pans, and let cool completely.
- Brush brandy over layers; allow to stand until brandy is absorbed.
- Spread preserves between cake layers.
- Place remaining chocolate chips in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Spread on cake.
- Top with pecans; cover.
- Chill overnight.
Yield: about 10 servings