Fresh Coconut Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Milk from 2 small or 1 large coconut
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Finely chopped coconut from 2 small or 1 large coconut
- Cake: Mix all ingredients and pour into well greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done.
- Cool cake completely.
- Punch holes into cake with a fork and pour coconut milk over cake. Frost
cake with coconut icing and store in refrigerator. Cake spoils easily, but also
- Icing: Mix sour cream, sugar and chopped coconut and refrigerate for 3 hours
before frosting cake.