Impossible Raspberry Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- Fresh whole raspberries (for garnish)
- Additional cream, whipped (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat two 9-inch round cake pans with
nonstick cooking spray and a light dusting of flour.
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the package, making sure to reduce the
amount of water to only 1 cup. Pour equal portions of the batter into each of
the prepared cake pans.
- Evenly distribute about 1 1/2 cups of the raspberries over the top of the
- Sprinkle the raspberries with 1/2 cup of sugar (each pan).
- Divide the whipping cream, and pour equal portions over the top of the raspberries
on each cake.
- Bake for about 60 minutes.
- Immediately invert both cakes onto serving plates when removing from the
- Let cool, then garnish with freshly whipped cream and whole raspberries
just prior to slicing and serving.
- Store in refrigerator.