This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Orange Rum Pound Cake
- 2 (17 ounce) boxes pound cake mixes
- 2 tablespoons shredded orange peel
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rum
- Prepare mixes according to package directions, adding orange and lemon peel.
- Turn into greased and floured 10-inch angel food pan or fluted Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool 20 minutes more.
- Place on serving platter. Using a skewer, punch holes in top of cake at
- Combine sugar, juices and rum. Bring to boil.
- Spoon slowly over cake a small amount at a time, allowing cake to absorb
- Chill cake until serving time.