This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Fudge Torte 2
With its pretty pink topping on a chocolate cake base, this dessert serves 12
in spectacular fashion.
- 1 (1 pound 2.25 ounce) box chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
Frosting and Garnish
- 3/4 cup chocolate creamy ready-to-spread frosting
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (if using dark or nonstick pans, heat oven to
325 degrees F). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In large bowl, beat all cake ingredients except chocolate chips with electric
mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat gpt 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans; place on cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour. (Wrap and freeze 1 cake layer for a later
- Meanwhile, to remove seeds from raspberries, place strainer over small saucepan;
pour raspberries into strainer. Press raspberries through strainer with back
of spoon to remove seeds; discard seeds. Stir sugar and cornstarch into raspberries
until smooth. Cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly and thickened, stirring
constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Place waxed paper or plastic wrap over surface of mixture; refrigerate for
30 minutes or until cold.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- To assemble torte, place cake layer, top side down, on serving plate. Spread
with thin layer of frosting.
- Top with raspberry cream, spreading to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Frost sides of torte with remaining frosting. Refrigerate at least 1 hour
- Just before serving, arrange raspberries around top edge of torte.
- If desired, garnish with additional fresh raspberries and mint sprigs.
- Store torte in refrigerator.
prep time 45 min | total time 3 hr 30 min | servings 12
If desired, prepare cake layers ahead of time and freeze. The torte can be assembled
up to 6 hours before serving.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):