This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Raspberry Vanilla Cake
- 1 white cake mix without pudding
- 1 cup red raspberry preserves
- 1 box confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup raspberry schnapps liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Save egg yolks for icing.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and cool completely.
- Prepare icing. Beat on low speed the confectioners' sugar and butter
until blended. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy.
- On medium speed, gradually beat in egg yolks, raspberry liqueur and vanilla
extract until smooth.
- To assemble the cake, with a serrated knife, cut each cake layer horizontally
- Place bottom half of one layer, cut side up, on cake plate. Spread with
1/2 cup raspberry preserves.
- Top with top half of cake layer; spread with frosting.
- Repeat layering, ending with frosting. Repeat layering, ending with cake
- With knife, spread remaining icing on sides and top of cake.
- Refrigerate if not serving right away.
Makes 20 servings.