This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Red Velvet Blizzard Cake
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark sweet cherries in heavy syrup, drained
- 11 (18.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons cherry flavored brandy, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round cake pans.
- In food processor, puree cherries 1 minute.
- In bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and oil for 30 seconds.
- Add pureed cherries, then beat 30 seconds more. Increase speed and beat
2 minutes more.
- Divide batter among prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool.
- Coat each cake with 2 tablespoons brandy.
- In bowl, beat pudding mix, cream and half-and-half for 3 minutes or until
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Top with 3/4 cup frosting.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with third layer.
- Frost entire cake with remaining pudding-cream mixture.
- Press coconut onto sides and top of cake.
- Garnish with berries, sugared cranberries and chocolate curls, if desired,
Makes 16 servings.