Ritzy Raspberry Rum Cake
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam, warmed to room temperature
Butter Rum Glaze
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured 10-inch tube or 12-cup
Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with instant pudding, eggs, cold
water, oil and the 1/2 cup dark rum, mixing well.
- Pour 1/3 cake batter over pecans.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over batter in pan.
- Pour another 1/3 of cake batter over melted chocolate.
- Spoon raspberry jam evenly over batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top of jam.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- While cake is still warm, prick top of cake with the tines of a fork and
drizzle and smooth glaze over top and sides of cake.
- Make glaze by melting butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, then stir in rum.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.