Ritzy Raspberry Rum Cake
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam, warmed to room temperature
Butter Rum Glaze
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rum
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured 10-inch tube or 12-cup
Bundt pan. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix with instant pudding, eggs, cold
water, oil and the 1/2 cup dark rum, mixing well.
- Pour 1/3 cake batter over pecans.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over batter in pan.
- Pour another 1/3 of cake batter over melted chocolate.
- Spoon raspberry jam evenly over batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top of jam.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tested done when wooden pick inserted in center
comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing cake from pan.
- While cake is still warm, prick top of cake with the tines of a fork and
drizzle and smooth glaze over top and sides of cake.
- Make glaze by melting butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, then stir in rum.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes