This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Swiss Chocolate Almond Liqueur Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
Filling and Frosting
- 1 pint (2 cups) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 5 tablespoons Swiss chocolate almond liqueur
- 1 (21 ounce) can prepared cherry fruit filling
- 2 tablespoons sliced or slivered almonds
- 4 to 6 tablespoons liqueur for frosting
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8- or 9-inch round
- In large bowl combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened.
Beat for 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Pour onto prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick
comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pans for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Filling and Frosting: In medium bowl beat whipping cream at highest speed
until slightly thickened. Add confectioners' sugar gradually. Continue beating
until stiff peaks form. Fold in liqueur.
- In small bowl combine cherry fruit filling and liqueur.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread 1 cup filling to within 1
inch of edge.
- Place 2nd cake layer on top of filling. Frost top and sides with sweetened
- Spoon remaining filling in center of top cake layer. Garnish with almonds.