Toffee Turvey Cake
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box Pillsbury Plus Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans, line
with wax paper, then grease bottom again.
- In small saucepan, combine all filling ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly,
over low heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans. Let topping sit for about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, blend cake ingredients until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes
at highest speed.
- Spoon batter over set topping mixture in pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Loosen cake from sides of pans and immediately invert layers onto cooling
racks. Cool layers 10 minutes before removing waxed paper.
- Cool completely.
- Place layers, filling sides together, on serving plate.
- In small bowl, dissolve instant coffee in milk. Add remaining frosting ingredients;
blend until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at highest speed. If needed, add a
few more drops of milk for desired frosting consistence.
- Frost sides and top of cake.
High Altitude: Above 3500 feet - add 3 tablespoons flour to dry cake mix. Increase
milk to 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes.
Enjoy with a pot of coffee!
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes