Ultimate Chocolate Sour Cream Cake
This cake is absolutely delicious served while warm.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box plain devil's food or dark chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 small box chocolate instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with Pam,
then dust with flour. Shake out excess flour; set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl blend the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream,
warm water and oil with an electric mixer at low speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Mix for 3 more
minutes at medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl again.
The batter should be thick and well mixed.
- Fold in chocolate chips, distributing them well throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it out with the spatula.
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven. Bake until the cake springs
back when lightly pressed with your finger and just starts to pull away from
the sides of the pan, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto the
rack to cool completely, 20 minutes more.
Yields 16 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cake Mix Cake Recipes