Apple Cider Pound Cake
This is a large cake which can be divided into 3 loaf pans for gift giving.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and spices; set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with cider to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into greased and floured* 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack.
- Bring ingredients to rolling boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over slightly warm cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides of cake.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!