Butter Pecan Pound Cake
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube
- In a skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat, then add pecan
pieces. Cook and stir pecans in butter until the pecans become a light toasted color,
watching carefully so they do not burn.
- Transfer toasted butter pecans to a bowl,
scraping out all the butter and pecans.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar
until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
Stir in the cooled buttered pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of
the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.