Cream Cheese-Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (no pudding)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 small box lemon Jell-O
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Place the cream cheese in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer
until cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- Blend together the Jell-O and cake mix; add alternately with the milk, in two
or three additions, to the cream cheese mixture. Beat just until smooth - do not
- Stir in the extract and lemon zest.
- Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan.
- Pour in the mix and bake in a preheated
350 degree F oven for 50-55 minutes, checking after 50 minutes.
- Serve this alone, or, if you prefer, make a thin glaze to pour over top from
confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.