Irish Cream and Coffee Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups granulated
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons
sliced almonds, toasted
Irish Cream Glaze
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 2/3 cup sifted
- Cake: Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer about 2 minutes or until
soft and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5 to 7 minutes.
eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter
mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13-cup Bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center of cakes comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool 30
minutes on wire rack.
- Brush with Irish Cream Glaze, and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Let cool completely.
- Irish Cream Glaze: Dissolve coffee granules in water; add liqueur and confectioners'
sugar, stirring until blended.
Yield about 1/2 cup glaze
Glazed cake may be frozen for up to one month.