Peach Pound Cake with Peach
and Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups peeled and diced ripe peaches
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
Peach and Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 peeled peach, pureed or well mashed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan and set aside.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, beat oil and sugar thoroughly.
- Mix in almond and vanilla flavorings.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour.
- Fold in diced peaches, nuts and coconut and mix well.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Meanwhile, prepare icing.
- When cake is done, remove and cool for 10 minutes, then turn out. Cool and add
- Icing: In a mixing bowl, combine half the cream cheese, half the confectioners'
sugar and some peach puree. Mix well with blender, then add remaining cream cheese
and confectioners' sugar, and enough peach puree to make the desired thickness.
(If the peach is very ripe and juicy, use less puree, so the icing does not become
- Spread on cake and refrigerate.
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: calories, 779; fats, 38 grams (44% of calories); cholesterol,
74 milligrams; carbohydrate, 105 grams; fiber, 4 grams; protein, 7 grams; sodium,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pound Cake Recipes